Top Rated Insurance. When you book a private dining event on Intertain, chefs are covered by a $10 million insurance policy placed by CGU Insurance Limited.
- Terms and Conditions apply. Intertain processed events only. Excess apply for Intertain Chefs.
- No additional costs There are no hidden charges or extra fees for insurance. All Intertain chefs are covered. Terms and Conditions apply.
- We’re here for you If you’ve got a question about insurance, contact our concierge service team.
- Top Rated Backing Intertain insurance is provided by CGU, one of Australia’s most highly regarded insurers with almost 160 years of experience in Australia.
This insurance policy provides peace of mind when Intertain chefs are cooking for your event. While you’re unlikely to experience any injury or property damage when our experienced chefs are cooking for you, we understand the need for protection. That’s why we have worked closely with CGU to provide all our Intertain Chefs with public liability insurance that covers them for up to $10,000,000 for third party property damage and/or personal injury claims against them for all bookings on Intertain.
- Public Liability: $10,000,000 any one occurrence
- Products Liability: $10,000,000 any one occurrence
- Advertising Injury: $10,000,000 any one occurrence
- Errors & Omissions: $250,000 claims made and $500,000 in the aggregate
- Molestation: $100,000 claims made and in aggregate during the period of insurance
Deductible: $500 any one occurrence
What is covered
Business activities: Meal hosting (including but not limited to after meal cleaning), cooking, food preparation (including but not limited to procuring produce and ingredients) and/or nutritional advice.
Intertain Insurance covers chef’s liability for personal injury (bodily injury, invasion of privacy, defamation, assault, or battery) and property damage (physical damage, destruction or loss of tangible property or loss of use of tangible property) subject to the insurance policy terms and conditions. Full details of the policy, it’s coverage and exclusions including the applicable excess details are available on request.
The Sum insured is up to $10,000,000 for public liability claims (any one occurrence) and $10,000,000 (any one occurrence and in the aggregate during the Policy Period) for products liability claims. The Intertain chef must pay an excess and full detail of the policy; its coverage and exclusions including the applicable excess details are available on request.
Intertain Insurance covers our chefs in Australia
What isn’t covered
Intertain Insurance covers the independent contractor registered on Intertain; for their liability, for third party personal, or property damage whilst performing included activity during an event booking on Intertain. The policy does not cover first person personal injury or property damage for the Chef, and should not be considered a replacement for workers compensation, salary protection or other similar types of insurance.
Like all insurance policies, there are exclusions. For example, the insurance does not cover intentional or wilful damage. Please note, that the Intertain Chef is required to contribute an excess payment to cover their share of the loss and the customer is required to recover their loss directly from the Chef for claims up to the value of this excess payment.
An Intertain Chef also needs to be registered on Intertain to be covered by the insurance policy. The event also needs to have been processed and paid in full on the Intertain platform for the policy to be valid.